Skip to content

TASHA'S CAULDRON OF EVERYTHING

Comments

• ÆmrysÆmrys Member Posts: 125
    Nothing wrong with homebrew.
  • jjstraka34jjstraka34 Member Posts: 9,850
    This release indicates to me that the very concept of a 6th Edition is unnecessary and likely won't happen anytime in the near or even distant future. They are adjusting and allowing more freedom (even in the official hardcover content) on the fly.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    with all this drama going around i think it's time to let dnd go.
  • shabadooshabadoo Member Posts: 324
    I have too many expletives in my response to post it here. Let's just say I think it's a slippery slope.
  • jjstraka34jjstraka34 Member Posts: 9,850
    If the complaint is that the game is appealing to a different audience than in the past, I suppose the people who were playing what was essentially a fantasy version of "Chainmail" in the 70s felt the same way about 2nd and 3rd Edition. Most people just probably didn't hear about their discontent because the only way it would have been able to be communicated was in fanzines, and not instantaneously to the whole world on Youtube.

I mean, if we really want to have a shit-fit about this, we can go back to the almost comically restrictive class and level caps of any demi-human race in 1st Edition.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,317
    jjstraka34 wrote: »
    This release indicates to me that the very concept of a 6th Edition is unnecessary and likely won't happen anytime in the near or even distant future. They are adjusting and allowing more freedom (even in the official hardcover content) on the fly.

5th edition is now 6 years old. I view this release more like a half way point. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a 6E get launched in say 2025.