Skip to content

*** The Tale of Chaos *** [Forum Game]

Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
edited August 2020 in Off-Topic
Oh, you got curious and clicked the discussion link? Well, well, here's the deal. I'll start with a story and pause it at a random point. The next poster will then take on and continue the story from there upto however much they like. And it goes on. Rules? Well, just follow the forum rules of conduct as regards to the content, try to not make it a low effort post, and use your boundless imagination. You can write from just a single phrase to a number of huge paragraphs in one post, so feel free. And yeah, one more thing, to avoid getting ninja'd, select and copy your entire post, refresh the page (to see if anyone has already posted something in the time you were writing it all down) and then (if everything's okay) paste it all back just before you post. So, with all that out of the way, let's begin.

Darkhaven was never the kind of place that you wanted to live in. But there you were, sitting at the desk of your study in the century old family manor, gazing at the coal black skeletal branches of the trees in the unkempt courtyard, as they lightly crackled and swayed against the gray sky with the damp Easterly wind. Before you, on the table, lay the "Chronicles of the Burning Saint", the light from the ornate candelabra illuminating the contents of page 448, which your fingers were absent-mindedly making a dog-ear on. It was then...
Post edited by Rik_Kirtaniya on

Comments

• ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    Putting it in tags so that it won't disturb the flow of the story once it continues... just to clarify something, is Darkhaven a place in an existing fantasy world that you would like to use as a base for the story, or is everything open to imagination?
  • Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
    @Arvia It's just a place I made up, thought it would sound catchy with that kind of name (I meant it to be a parody on those names in Gothic stories). Everything is open to imagination, and free of copyright and IP nonsense. :)

Feel free to unleash your creative skills!