Skip to content

Another question on transfer data - plot and characters edition

Hello again, all.

So I recently read that if you kill the new sorcerer, Baeloth (I think that's how it's spelled) in the BG EE, he will remember this in SOD and won't join, and cause another recruit to be missed as well. Are there any other instances of plot that carry over?

Like this being my 'good' run, I have done both Neera and Rasaad's quests, though I am sorely tempted to dump the monk now that I finally finished his quest. Still, as I headed back to town to where I planned to dismiss him, he started talking again on the aftermath of the mountain adventure. I'm wondering if there's going to be more dialogue, if I should keep him around. If I plan to recruit him (if only briefly) in SOD and BG EE, will he remember if I ditched him finished all his dialogues, etc? I finished Neera's a while back and she's been quiet for a while, so I'm hoping it's safe to ditch him, but now I'm nervous.

And a more mechanically character question, does using a tome on any of the carry over characters, well, carry over? I recently found the DEX manual, and my elf archer has 19 already. 20 doesn't look like it does much, but is it worth investing in hopes of getting to 21 one day in a later game, or give it to someone else? Would giving it to Imoen say carry over to BG 2 EE?

Thank you for your time!

Comments

• jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    No, tomes for other characters don't carry over to BG2.
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    This is true, but I also don't consider it cheating to add those points back in EEKeeper when you transition over.