Skip to content

Modding help, custom quest entries not actually showing up in the quest section.

Kookies4LaifKookies4Laif Member Posts: 24
So I'm playing around with Near infinity and while making a quest I can't actually get it to show up in the "Quest" portion of the journal.

I've tried the response options of, add journal entry (4), add unsolved quest (6)

And I've also tried just plain old script action, AddJournalEntry(xxxxxx,QUEST)

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• SkitiaSkitia Member Posts: 1,061
    edited August 2020
    I think you also need this here in your tp2/tpa file? Basically, your Title and all related entries under this, and then use add journal entry or unsolved quest or whatever with your related number.

on91047mzddf.png
  • Kookies4LaifKookies4Laif Member Posts: 24
    Is that for creating installers? Like the Unfinished Business mod?

I was just working with Nearinfinity, and that's pretty much it. I'll look into it though, see if I can figure it out. It's that weidu stuff right?
    edited August 2020
    This was using weidu, yes. I'm not sure how you would do it with purely nearinfinity, nor would I recommend doing it that way.
    It was just a personal project thing while trying to figure out what I can do with nearinfinity, I can make quests and stuff, but they don't show up in the right part of the journal.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction though, might be better if I learn weidu. Will make installing, uninstalling, a lot easier. Kind of scared though. How hard is weidu to learn?
    I would say it isn't at all, provided you use a good guide (The Branwen NPC Mod was the best guide out there for me) and ask for help when you need it. I've pasted screenshots and given advice myself to help get people started.
    Actually figured it out while going through Weidu docs. Very helpful stuff.

Had to edit in strings to the BGEE.lua file

Under BuildQuestsTable(), at line 1494, for me anyway.

Just in case anybody is curious.