Skip to content

[PotS][Feedback][Spoiler] Some plots are unclear

Ian579Ian579 Member Posts: 241
edited October 2020 in General Discussions NWN:EE
The plot does not explain very clearly the relationship between the player character (PC) and the captain of Midnight Rose. Is the PC a passenger or an employee (sailor) of the captain? The PC's desire to go to Calimshan suggests the former, yet the PC's wearing a sailor uniform suggests the latter.

And at the end, it seems to me that Tasina finally realized that the PC saved her from becoming a victim of Umberlee's Aspect. But how exactly would she become one if not saved by the PC and how Umberlee's Aspect has been manipulating her are not explained in the story at all.
Post edited by Ian579 on

Comments

• ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    From what I remember, Tasina (and the rest of his sisterhood) were basically raised in an orphanage run by Umberlee's priesthood, but with the evil aspects of the goddess deliberately hidden from them. I'm a little fuzzy on the details of why this was done, but I think it was because the relics Tasina was hunting were warded in such a way that the traditionally evil priestesses would have been unable to obtain them.

As for how the PC saved her, I never took the Evil route, but from what I'm told if you do, Tasina and the rest of the priestesses are transformed into Sea Hags (which is definitely something Umberlee could do).
  • Ian579Ian579 Member Posts: 241
    Zaxares wrote: »
    From what I remember, Tasina (and the rest of his sisterhood) were basically raised in an orphanage run by Umberlee's priesthood, but with the evil aspects of the goddess deliberately hidden from them. I'm a little fuzzy on the details of why this was done, but I think it was because the relics Tasina was hunting were warded in such a way that the traditionally evil priestesses would have been unable to obtain them.

As for how the PC saved her, I never took the Evil route, but from what I'm told if you do, Tasina and the rest of the priestesses are transformed into Sea Hags (which is definitely something Umberlee could do).

I did not see the background story of Tasina while playing the game. Where did you see that?
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    I think you can learn a bit about the history of Tasina's order from speaking with the priestesses at the Temple. If you chat with Tasina herself during the first chapter, I believe she also has a "Umberlee isn't evil! She has gentler aspects that we worship. It's not Umberlee's fault that people keep on worshipping her destructive aspects." conversation with you. Or maybe it was with Sweet Marie (if you recruit her).
  • Ian579Ian579 Member Posts: 241
    edited September 2020
    Zaxares wrote: »
    I think you can learn a bit about the history of Tasina's order from speaking with the priestesses at the Temple. If you chat with Tasina herself during the first chapter, I believe she also has a "Umberlee isn't evil! She has gentler aspects that we worship. It's not Umberlee's fault that people keep on worshipping her destructive aspects." conversation with you. Or maybe it was with Sweet Marie (if you recruit her).

Thanks. I think the delivery of such a crucial information to players should be guaranteed and should not be replied on players' interactions with optional NPCs. I didn't recruit Sweet Marie.