Skip to content

[Infinite Dungeons] Performance issue

Ian579Ian579 Member Posts: 241
edited September 2020 in General Discussions NWN:EE
After I explored like 4 areas, the game started to freeze for about 0.3 second every time an enemy is killed. If my memory serves me right, this issue did not exist at the beginning of the game.

Perhaps it has something to do with the system's updating my statistics on the number of enemies killed, the amount of experience earned, etc. The combat log shows those statistics in yellow text every time an enemy is killed.

Can this issue be fixed?

Comments

• Ian579Ian579 Member Posts: 241
    edited September 2020
    Now I'm pretty sure it is resulted from the system's updating statistics because the freeze also happens when:
    • I successfully pick a lock and the combat log shows the yellow statistics text of my lock picking
    • I completed a quest and the combat log shows the yellow text of something about the quest and the experience/gold I received.

Has anyone encountered the same issue while playing Infinite Dungeons?
    Post edited by Ian579 on
  • RohomildRohomild Member Posts: 26
    What version of the game are you playing? Gog, or Seam, or Beamdog?
    Rohomild wrote: »
    What version of the game are you playing? Gog, or Seam, or Beamdog?

The Steam version. But I play the game without using the Steam client.
    edited September 2020
    And when I kill a group of enemies by using AOE spells, the game freezes for about 2 to 3 seconds! That's not fun. :(

Precisely speaking, it's lag, not freeze. During the lag, the game continues to progress (but I cannot see the progress due to the lag), and then I see the updated progress after the lag is gone.
  • R_TEAMR_TEAM Member Posts: 35
    wich version you use - regulary or development (.14)
    R_TEAM wrote: »
    wich version you use - regulary or development (.14)

I guess it is regular (v80.8193.13).
  • R_TEAMR_TEAM Member Posts: 35
    i know the dev version have an better path finding, but can have impact on performance - and as my group all play the dev version ........ we have no experience with the regular version .... cant help then.