Skip to content

Proposal: new facultative level in Chateau Irenicus

You know that in the first level of Chateau Irenicus there are actually two portals that lead to the second level with Yoshimo and the exit: one is the main gate near Irenicus' bedroom, the other is directly above the cages where you start the dungeon. However, the second one is almost unused, since it's far from the locker with the portal key and it has no other functions for what I know.
So I propose to the modding community to create a new level that can be accessed only from that minor portal. You can design it as you prefer: having only fights, filled with puzzles and riddles, having tons of dialogues or no banters at all, being intertwined or separated from quests and characters in the main dungeon etc. whatever you think fits; the important thing is that the portal can be used as a diversion from the usual linear path, before you decide to take the main route and leave.
What do you think about?

Comments

• _Connacht__Connacht_ Member Posts: 169
    Hello, could a mod please move this topic into the BG2EE modding section? Thanks!
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    @_Connacht_
    Having the room filled with all items which are normally import-only would help.
    Endarire wrote: »
    @_Connacht_
    Having the room filled with all items which are normally import-only would help.

You mean the room with the secondary portal?
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    @_Connacht_
    Correct. This way, players could still get all the import-only items easily. Perhaps Irenicus hunted their previous owners.
    Endarire wrote: »
    @_Connacht_
    Correct. This way, players could still get all the import-only items easily. Perhaps Irenicus hunted their previous owners.

I think they could stay in the locker in the western room (the one with the golem). In the portal room there aren't tables, lockers or crates IIRC so any item would be placed on the ground.