Skip to content

formatting

carugacaruga Member Posts: 375
edited June 2012 in Site Resources
How do I add formatting to a post, or insert links, etc.? Or is it not possible? I tried the usual [url=foo] which does not work.

Comments

• lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    edited June 2012
  • carugacaruga Member Posts: 375
    Ah, so it's the same as raw html. I like it. :)

thx
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    Yir :O)

I guess this one can be closed then. ;)
    So I try to create a new post and in the preview the link ends up getting applied to the whole body of text after the link tag, even though I terminated it correctly. Unless this is a bug in the preview?
    Never mind: user error.

Seems this forum doesn't allow any post editing? Harsh.
    Seems it isn't fully-fledged html support; I can't do div tag, for example.
    Ignore me again; I confused div with hr. This is what i'm like without an edit feature. WIll try think before posting next time.
    I'd like to know how to indent a list. Seems css isn't supported.
    nvm, figured that out, too.
  • lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    Edit button in top right corner of your posts, it's a gear button.
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    Hi @caruga, looks like you finally jumped the happy Official BG:EE boards bandwagon after your initial reticence ;)
    edited June 2012
    Well I don't want to do anything twice.

I'm currently trying to format a list in this post i'm constructing, but CSS isn't supported and inserting formatting into the tag itself doesn't work either (I don't know why I said I'd figured it out; I haven't).

EDIT: Yayisms, li style="margin-left:1em" works. It's not very good since you should be able to nest the ul tag and insert different formatting in each, but it seems whatever style you put in the first tag overrides anything nested.

EDIT: Yeah, seems the html support is either buggy or incomplete. I wanted to overlap text but doing "position:relative;top:-200px" does nothing inside a div tag. If I copy it into a raw html file it works fine!

Also section tag doesn't work, and doing position:relative on a single line of text seems to remove all of the formatting specified in the style...
    Post edited by caruga on