Skip to content

a more complicated NWNEE idea

been at this for days now and totally out of ideas and ability. I have a boss with 2 guards, all of which I want to be immortal. an item must be pickpocket from each guard to make them vulnerable, the boss becomes vulnerable once the guards have been dispatched.

I first tried making a full immunity necklace, but that cannot be pickpocked while equipped, not been able to figure out how to make creature unequip necklace when a different item has been pick pocketed from them.

I have not even started on the Boss immunity yet. but I suspect it even more difficult.

any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,281
    Going down the "different item" route - OnAcquireItem will detect when that item has been pickpocketed (OnDisturbed won't work). You can then either use DestroyObject to delete the necklace, or use AssignCommand on the guard to ActionUnequipItem. For the latter, see SetCommandable examples in the Lexicon - you need to clear the guard's other actions and prevent AI from issuing conflicting commands temporarily, especially if this can happen during combat.

Slightly simpler - since players can't see whether the necklace is equipped or not, you could just leave it in inventory, spawn the creatures with SetImmortal, then remove immortality using the same function when the necklace is stolen.
  • TuebitsTuebits Member Posts: 6
    I have not been able to change that immortal setting upon necklace stolen.. has limited success with force necklace unequip.. in combat is hit and miss
  • TuebitsTuebits Member Posts: 6
    ohh the destroy works way better, thanks not sure why my brain overlooked that....I put key on guardian. pick pocket key, run to control unit with key, open it ( destroys neck on guardian) now not immortal.. yah
  • ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,281
    That's great.

For future reference, you can use SetImmortal directly on creatures, rather than using an item with a property. You can also remove properties from an item. If you get stuck with things like that, you can post your code here.

The reason forced unequip is hit and miss is that AI will often cancel the action. The fix for this is in the SetCommandable examples in the Lexicon. Recommended reading, because you will have this issue with almost any action you give to creatures, especially hostiles and associates.
  • NeonGothicBloodNeonGothicBlood Member Posts: 13
    Scott Milliorn did this in his 'Gauntlet' on his server; A Carpathian Nightmare. There are several sub-boss' that you have to kill before the guant master becomes vulnerable, so you have to gank a horde of others before you can even harm the dracolich. You can contact him on Facebook and DIscord, both through his ACN sites.