Skip to content

Do you think there's a concept of Academic Malfeasance in The Realms, or in Candlekeep?

2»

Comments

• PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    I mean he kind of does for me, but that's because I give him a certain +3 Two-Handed Sword...
    Chronicler
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    To be honest, I doubt that Minsc REALLY goes around slaughtering evil-doers all day. (I mean, if he did, he would have launched into a berserker rage the second he stepped into Ust Natha and never looked back. XD) He talks big, but I suspect in most Good parties he defers a lot to the cooler, wiser heads around him and only fights when violence truly becomes necessary.
    ChroniclerThacoBell
  • ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    He seems pretty unambiguously enthusiastic about killing his fellow man.

I don't think he carries the sword around because he's a believer in the "Speak softly, and carry a big stick" mantra or anything.

Like, if there was some scene where he had to kill somebody, and then he had a somber moment like "I talk a lot of smack but I don't actually like doing the deed" then that would be something, but I'm just not seeing this "Minsc doesn't enjoy killing people" reading.
  • ChroniclerChronicler Member Posts: 1,391
    More to the matter, these lines, they specifically trigger when you give the attack order.

If you want to act like he only kills when the player tells him to, how come every voice line he does when the player tells him to kill is some variation of "Oh God I Love Doing This!"
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    "You point, I punch"
    "Make way villainy, hero coming through"
    "Drop on my sword when you can evil, I won't be as gentle."
    "We are all heroes, you and Boo and I. Hamsters and Raners everywhere, rejoice!"
    "Butt kicking, for goodness!"

He seems enthusiastic about fighting evil. I don't see any "Oh boy I do love killing. Can't wait to kill again!" in here. Are you sure you're not thinking of Korgan?
    Balrog99