Skip to content

2.6 Request for Modding: World Map Access!

EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,517
Greetings, all!

I would love to have a teleport spell to rapidly zip around the game world via the world map. (I know we could use dialog-based teleportation, kinda like how wish conjures a genie and you pick a wish, but that's less fun!) I wrote extensive documentation on a theoretical implementation of teleportation that would be compatible with EET (Enhanced Edition Trilogy), or a mod which merges BG1EE, Siege of Dragonspear, and BG2EE into one cohesive game world and world map.

From what I've read by people much more understanding of the technical side of the EE engine, for this to work, access to the World Map needs improvement. We need to be able to get and reset travel times mid-game.
The world map itself is hopelessly hardcoded, with the only UI.MENU exposed elements being... worldmap. A one-liner, yay
you aren't getting a functional custom interface that way
EEex might be able to force the travel time to 0, in which case I guess the world map could still work, but I've glanced at the worldmap code, and it's way more complex than I originally thought it was
it simulates all the links and everything, tries to find the shortest path
auiwqi wrote:
The world map being more exposed would have been good. I just finished messing around with it in terms of making a new UI for it. I guess pretty much everyone that extends the map ends up having a cutoff because of how worldMapScreen:OnMapMouseMove works. Maybe something of some sort could be coded on the lua side... but I only saw anything with the normal drags, which don't move an element inside of an element, which is what the map element is I guess.