Skip to content

Console commands for bringing back dead creature companions?

Ian579Ian579 Member Posts: 241
edited October 2020 in General Discussions NWN:EE
I'm playing Infinite Dungeons and there is a bug which causes resurrecting dead creature companions to fail. I had reported the bug in Technical Support.

But I'm not sure when the bug will be fixed so I want to use console commands to overcome the bug for now. I would be appreciate if someone knows the console command for bringing dead creature companions back to life. Also, what's the console command for removing a scroll of Raise Dead/Resurrection from my inventory? Thanks.
Post edited by Ian579 on

Comments

• ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,281
    Try dm_spawnitem nw_wmgmrd002

As for removing the scroll, why not just drop it?
  • Ian579Ian579 Member Posts: 241
    edited October 2020
    Proleric wrote: »
    Try dm_spawnitem nw_wmgmrd002

As for removing the scroll, why not just drop it?

Thank you. I'll try using the code to resurrect dead creature companions.

From the perspective of the in-game world, dropping a scroll on the ground does not remove the scroll, so it contradicts with the common sense of the in-game world that the scroll is supposed to be consumed and disappear. I take role-playing games seriously. :)
    edited October 2020
    @Proleric I just tried the console command and it did not work. I also tried changing the number to 3 and 4, and that didn't work, too.

After I pasted the console command and pressed Enter, I saw the text "Success" and then nothing happened.

I'm not sure if the number represents the order of a party member, but after my creature companions died, they were no longer in my party.
  • ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,281
    Enter the command while the cursor is pointing at the ground nearby. This will spawn a Rod of Resurrection which you can use on companions, according to past discussion of your question in the archives.
    edited October 2020
    Proleric wrote: »
    Enter the command while the cursor is pointing at the ground nearby. This will spawn a Rod of Resurrection which you can use on companions, according to past discussion of your question in the archives.

I already have scrolls of Raise Dead and scrolls of Resurrection, so I don't need the rod. Please check that bug report of mine.