Skip to content

Default server options not changing

I'm running the dedicated server on a windows machine.
I can't seem to find a way to get the tml file or the nwnplayer file to set the default options.
When I open the server, how can I get item level restrictions to be already enabled, and allow local characters disabled?

To make things worse, I have another windows machine that does have those options set how I want them on opening, but I can't find a setting that will change the on-open difficulty. And I've tried copying setting files form one machine to another, and the results are random at best.

Comments

• ForSeriousForSerious Member Posts: 446
    edited October 2020
    Sorry guys. I jumped the gun on this.
    I just figured out that going into the game, and changing the options in there, makes all the changes I wanted happen.
    This may end up being annoying because I didn't see a separate difficultly option for single player.
  • GenisysGenisys Member Posts: 37
    Load your server as a LAN game, select all the settings you want, run it, and then after a few minutes, log off...

Those settings should be set in your Settings and will load when you run hosting online...
    (If not, then try loading it online, with you logging in on the servervault as you are loading the module, and this should set your settings correctly.)

That's how I did it in the past without editing the settings .ini for NWN 1, should work for EE too...