Skip to content

Problem with using dual monitors

My computer is set up with two monitors, so sometime I can have NWN:EE playing on one screen and another program such as Facebook running on the other. My question here is.... Is there a way to have the game play on one specific monitor? Is there a way to have it play on one monitor and have the other used for other programs? It's been my experience lately that the game will run on both screens, which is not how I would prefer it. Can anyone help me please???

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    i have a dual monitor system and by default the game only uses up one monitor

unless you mean you don't want your mouse locked, so then you can go between monitors and if that is the situation try going to windowed mode and choosing a RES that is the size of one of your monitors
  • NeveroddoreveNNeveroddoreveN Member Posts: 173
    Maybe I am missing something, I know how to use one monitor for a game and the other for whatever I want it to, it's just irritating when both monitors are used for a game. I don't have this problem with other games, just seems that with NWN:EE, both monitors are involved. And sometimes NWN:EE will be fine with one monitor, but the other will be empty (the black background from the main NWN:EE title screen. Sarevok57, what can I do to eliminate this game on the second monitor? Thanks so much!!!
    when you open up NWN what resolution are you running at?

and what are the RES of the two monitors that you are running?

for me, i didn't have to set anything ( as far as i know ) and by default NWN EE only uses one monitor

also what graphic card do you have and do you have the latest drivers for it?
    Sarevok57 - I am playing NWN:EE with 1920x1080 resolution for the game, and the resolution for my two monitors is the same - 1920x1080. My graphics card is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070.
    for display settings ( right hand click on the desktop and choose "display settings" ) do you have the following in place;

Scale and layout: 100%

Display resolution: 1920x1080

Display orientation: Landscape

Multiple displays: Extend these displays

these are my current settings and NWN EE only ever uses one monitor for me

if that isn't the problem you could try switching monitor ports around on your graphic card, or changing which monitor is the main one, even if it sounds silly sometimes it can make big differences

for example on my setup my actual main monitor is "monitor 2" for some reason ( at least that is what the graphic card says ) but its the one that is in front of my face so i have it set to monitor 1

so sometimes even small changes can make different things happen
    I have the same settings as you, and I tried what you suggested, not sure what else to do.
    i guess the only thing you can do at this point then is just to have it in windowed mode on the one monitor ( which kind of sucks because then when your mouse moves outside the screen it won't turn the view )

but other than that, im out of ideas