Skip to content

Mod request/help: Wisdom saving throws, adjust Charisma vendor effects

rzhang86rzhang86 Member Posts: 1
edited October 2020 in General Modding
I would like a simple mod for BG1EE and BG2EE that makes the following changes:

1) Remove Wisdom contribution to Lore

2) Wisdom provides magic defense and saving throw bonuses (as alluded to in original manuals)

3) Low Charisma has much harsher effects on vendor prices (make managing Gold more important)

Does such a mod exist? Or can anyone outline how to create this mod?

I have never modded these games, but I am a software developer who should hopefully be able to figure this kind of thing out with some initial guidance.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    I'm creating a mod that is going to add wisdom based magic defence (and something like intelligence based illusion immunity)..

It's not finished yet, though. Let me see where I'm at with it
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    edited October 2020
    This is my code in progress:

https://github.com/Grammarsalad/Proficiencies/issues/42

Edit: I'm also doing other things like giving a dex based save bonus to evoc spells for high dex...

It's kind of a pita because I don't want the bonus to apply to (e.g.) evocation spells. So, I have to actually change every affected spell to make it work.

But, a mod that just gives a straight bonus to saves vs spell would be relatively easy to do.

1 and 3 on your list would be relatively easy, I think
  • SatrhanSatrhan Member Posts: 75
    Item revisions does cover 3, partially. Reputation effects on store prices are gone, prices go up for a lot of items, and only from charisma 15 and up you get a discount.