Skip to content

More hairstyles

WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
Why can't I go to Ye Olde Hairdresser and get spikes or dreads? Remedy this catastrophy immediately.

Comments

• unfortunate_oneunfortunate_one Member Posts: 44
    I have no problem with this. You can choose the haircolor, why not add a few head choices during character creation?
  • AkerhonAkerhon Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 614
    I want long hair! xD
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,526
    I'm afraid this is not possible due to the source art assets having been lost. Animations will have to remain as they are.
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    This will only have reason to be done if BG:EE follow the character creation and graphics (a little at least) of games like Elder Scroll, Perfect Word, Mass Effect... Ect... I don't know what implements are going to be made on the graphics of BG:EE, until then, any proposal like this will be speculation.
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    C´mon guys.. You can do better than this. They are making an Enhanced version of one of the greatest RPG´s ever, and your talking about Hair... Please...

• NWN_babaYagaNWN_babaYaga Member Posts: 732
    I never noticed or can remember anything about hairstyles sorry.
  • WinthalWinthal Member Posts: 366
    @Ward for a second there I considered flagging your post just to troll you, then thought better of it ;-P seriously tho, bald minsc ftw! *support*
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    @Winthal

Flag me whonce, shame on me.

Flag me twice, you be trolling son.
  • maneromanero Member Posts: 392
    Sweet jesus, sims generation? God no... Developers please focus on main plot, additional quests and chars :) Cheers for all ol'school BG fans from Poland!
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    I don't need spiky or dreads. I would like bald and mullets for yoshimo but I guess that one could wait for BG2EE. A lot of the fantasy portraits you find online either have their guys with bald heads and/or beards. It would be nice to match your avatar to those features.
  • nulspacenulspace Member Posts: 100
    not that it's not important to discuss "superfluous" enhancements, but this feels like "changing something for the sake of changing it" to me...
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    I guess you could add something like a helmet that follows your character's head around, except it's hair. I don't think you could actually give them less hair. Unless you give them a larger head to wear overtop their head.

But that would be over complicating things a bit.
    If you want to make bald characters look bald, just set their hair to the same color as their skin with Shadow Keeper. Of course, I advocate that their hair should be that color by default, without the need for players to manually change it.
  • NWN_babaYagaNWN_babaYaga Member Posts: 732
    edited June 2012
    Corianders idea to use "helmets" is very good. So a player in need of a stylish haircut can just do it himself and the devs dont need to focus on adding a hidden barbershop somewhere in cloakwood forest... And i always think that an adventurer looks dirty, unshaved and stinks. Why should a cool adventurer care about his looks out in the nowhere or in some dark cavesystem?
    If you want to make bald characters look bald, just set their hair to the same color as their skin with Shadow Keeper. Of course, I advocate that their hair should be that color by default, without the need for players to manually change it.
    Doesn't that not work because there is size to the guys hair, it sticks out above the head.

• RazorRazor Member Posts: 436
    I must say that with all the armor we use hairstyles is something I never thought of... but! why not add it, it's not like you'll be seeing them again after you equipt your first helmet though :)
  • SenashSenash Member Posts: 405
    Would be cool. (Great actually!)
    Don't think it's going to happen though... :( As they would have to redo the animations and all.
    Doesn't that not work because there is size to the guys hair, it sticks out above the head.
    It is not perfect, if that is what you're implying, but it still looks a lot better than white-haired Minsc ;-)
  • sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    I agree completely, at least if we could change our own character's style. Add longer beard, remove beard (unless you're a dwarf) longer hair, different hair styles. Yeah, I could digg it.
    It is not perfect, if that is what you're implying, but it still looks a lot better than white-haired Minsc ;-)
    agreed sorry a perfectionist but you are right I loaded that component and it is the best thing at the moment for him.