Skip to content

Removing the XP Cap...

After a few teething troubles I am playing the game and loving it....... it's great!!!!!! (Although I do empathise with all the people who are having technical problems).

After having originally decided to play with no adjustments at all, I am now tempted to change my mind and play without the XP cap... so does anyone know of a (preferably simple) way of removing it?

Cheers all, and I do hope everyone having problems can get them sorted asap, so they can enjoy the game like I am :)

Comments

• gigurragigurra Member Posts: 4
    This should be top prio for mods. Some of us love to play on rougher difficulties solo and level our characters way past the original limits :).
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    Oh, if only someone had posted a guide... :)

Start here, download this, enjoy a game without an experience cap.
  • gigurragigurra Member Posts: 4

In the meantime I found a sw called "WinBiff" which allowed me to open the .bif files.
    Then some googling led me to startare.2da (main story) and xpcap.2da

Through trial and error I found out that these 2da files need to be extracted to (int my case)
    D:\Program Files (x86)\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\Data\00766\Override

Then I can edit them with for example notepad++ and set the values to whatever I want.
    To confirm they have effect I added 100 xp bonus to startup (just to see I was putting the files in the right place)

So yep. There you have it :). NOW I can start playing...2 hours later ^^
  • BGLoverBGLover Member Posts: 550
    Thanlyou CamDawg.. will give it a go :)