Skip to content

[DoD][Feedback][Spoiler] My two cents on Darkness over Daggerford

Ian579Ian579 Member Posts: 241
edited November 2020 in NWN:EE Modules
I have finished the Darkness over Daggerford premium module and would like to provide some feedback.

Starting with things I think are impressive:
  • In Happy Cow Tavern, when a NPC asked me to drink alcohol, I was surprised to see a replying option which is something like "My religion requires me to not drinking alcohol." That option matches my situation in real-life perfectly so I chose it gladly. Not that I encourage a replying option of similar dialogs in all video games to involve religion. I'm just saying that I was impressed by such a considerate replying option.
  • In The Green Hag quest, I was glad that I could complete the quest without bringing the lizard shaman's personal item to the hag. That deed is actually stealing so I didn't do that.

And here are something which I think could be improved:
  • Trying to open the door to the private meeting room in the Mariner's Alliance turns all of its members in the house into enemies. That's too cruel. Perhaps a better approach is that the guard warns you at the first time you try to open the door.
  • Delfen Yellowknife told us that he lost a friend. The word "lost" has not only one meaning. But our replying options assume his friend is simply missing. For this reason, I think the replying options could use a re-phrasing.
  • Some Persuade options are actually lies, and I find that disappointing.
  • My conversation with Daxiong the necromancer in The Truth about Vampires quest were mild and reasonable, he even promised me to put everything back to what they were after he finishes his experiment. But at the end of the conversation, I could only choose to Intimidate him or Bluff him or ask him angrily to stop. Sadly, my skill Persuade couldn't be used at all. I ended up having to kill him. The priest who bestowed me the quest also regretted to learn that a bloodshed occurred at the end of the quest. That's disappointing. :(
  • The first time you see slaves in lizardfolk village, their leader tell you to lend them a hand. But one of our replying options is "How can I help you escape?", which makes no sense because I haven't learned who they are and why they are there. And when I came to them again to release them, their leader said "[My name], you're back already!", which makes no sense as well because I never told him my name.
  • After completing the Fernigold the Yougner quest, you have the option to tell the two boys to confess their crime to the militia. That's good. But after completing the A Party to Wake the Dead quest, there is no such an option to tell Elveronne's criminal sisters to do that, and that's a pity. I feel justice wasn't carried out in the latter quest.
  • The logic of the first puzzle in Edalseye's Tower (solution) makes no sense to me. Edalseye's apprentice hoped that we do not harm Edalseye so I expected no bloodshedding. There should be a solution which does not involve killing those non-hositle ice mephits.
  • In the A Circle of Fowl quest, when trying to rescue the druid who was polymorphed into a penguin, our dialog options tell her to lie to the gnome that she is a plumed pygmy. I dislike lying. Those dialog options are disappointing. Also, 18 Persuade is not enough to convince the gnome to release her, and that's disappointing, too.
  • In the end of The Princess of Fanloc quest, Sir Griswald killed Lord Feldran and reunited with Soliana. But obviously, what Griswald did to Feldran is an illegal slaughter. I suggest that the story gets a modification so that killing Feldran becomes legal and further moral controversies can be avoided.
Post edited by Ian579 on