Skip to content

[Linux] Fullscreen at non-desktop resolution

mosmos Member Posts: 26
Hey Dawgs!

Is it possible to play on Linux in *fullscreen* but actually choose the resolution I want?

Now it seems the game just picks the desktop resolution when going fullscreen and I haven't found a way to tell it otherwise.

v81.8193.16

Comments

• ShadowMShadowM Member Posts: 573
    mos wrote: »
    Hey Dawgs!

Is it possible to play on Linux in *fullscreen* but actually choose the resolution I want?

Now it seems the game just picks the desktop resolution when going fullscreen and I haven't found a way to tell it otherwise.

v81.8193.16

I had the same thing happen to me in windows. Weird. I ended up tabbing out and then tabbing back in and change the resolution again and it started to work. After that it been working fine now.
  • mosmos Member Posts: 26
    erm, no.
    At least on Linux the problem is it's either fullscreen with a resolution inherited from the desktop, or windowed with a res you can choose.
    Strangely enough, you can't change the resolution at all when in fullscreen mode. It's locked to the desktop one.
    And no amount of editing the config will help, the game just resets it to desktop every time you go fullscreen.

While it's OK for Infinity-based games, playing NWN with all the bells and whistles of EE in 4k is a bit too much for my GPU. And changing my desktop resolution to and fro is also not an option.

Anybody from Beamdog can at least say anything definite?
    It's either a buy or not for me atm.