Skip to content

Running 2 servers with the same server vault folder/path

I have been experimenting with ActivatePortal(object, string, string, string, int).

My router settings are correct for both computers and have different ports assigned to each server.

I have successfully hosted 2 servers on 2 separate computers but they do not share the same server vault so when I port to the other server (obviously by clicking an object with an ActivatePortal script in the onused slot) the create new character screen comes up and I am not able to use the character I ported with.

I have also tried running 2 servers on the same PC but both servers have issues with the onused slot of objects and clicking an object does nothing. I have had both servers working once by restarting both several times but obviously if they don't work after the initial start something is wrong.

I have tried searching on google but there isn't any information that states how to do this.

How can I run 2 modules on 2 servers and share the same server vault?
Is it possible to add a line to the settings.tml file for a server vault path?

Comments

• TorchcoreTorchcore Member Posts: 5
    I don't think this was possible up till sometime early this year. Avlis uses multiple modules, nine in total that are on one server. I believe, but they used to have a way to connect multiple servers together called Vaultster that was working prior to them moving to EE in Nov 2022, which would end up breaking CoPap or the link of different servers until they went to EE. This allowed you to go from say Avlis to Tairisnadur a different server world that agreed to the CoPap rules. Vaulster has now been rewritten for EE and it is called Vault Sync so in theory Tairnadur or the other servers could relink.

"Vaultsync is the spiritual successor to VaultSter. It is used to transfer character files between NWN servers. The current incarnation is a Spring Boot application. Unlike its predecessor, it does not provide an NWNX plugin. The interface between the NWN server and the Vaultsync server is via a REST interface. There's another REST interface between peers and the actual data transfer is via FTPS (FTP over SSL)"

https://github.com/Cogohi/Vaultsync/blob/main/README.md