Skip to content

Resting in Tavern BUG, game freezes

Hey,
we're playing on two PCs in a LAN and can't rest in a tavern. Each time we try, the game stays in the "resting" mode, we can't move or do anything, each time we try to do stuff we just get "can't do that you're still resting". In the wild resting works, press rest, campfire screen appears, fine. In a tavern no screen appears...

That sucks big time!

Comments

• GalenGalen Member Posts: 11
    My girlfriend and I have this same issue. Many people that have been "poo pooing" any criticisms claim there are no game breaking bugs. This is one of them. For all this talk of improved multiplayer, this is insanely bad.

Issue:
    We try to rest at an in. The healing is done to characters, then the game locks into paused mode. No spells are restored. This means resting outside is the only (slightly) viable option.

Workaround(?!):
    If we want to keep playing, one of us has to disconnect/logout, then reconnect to the server. This means going through setting character control and permissions again. Then to get our spells, we need to rest outside.

This is seriously aggravating. I was nearly screaming at the computer last night. I can't imagine that @eishocker and I are the only ones having this problem. And it's a big problem as resting is a wee bit important in BG.
  • rafaelnaderrafaelnader Member Posts: 3
    Same here.
  • jeinorjeinor Member Posts: 4
    I'm seeing this as well. Question is, do EVERYONE have this problem? It isn't that big a deal though, just rest outside instead (and enable the "rest until healed" option).
  • GridlockedGridlocked Member Posts: 2
    A friend and I also have this bug. We would like it fixed as it is making our game go really slow using the aforementioned workaround.
  • squishsquish Member Posts: 4
    Work around for this:

in install dir\Data\00766\Movies
    copy rest.wbm twice and rename the copies to restinn.wbm and restdung.wbm

Of course you will be pitching a tent outdoors while inside but it'll do until the proper videos appear.

How have you been finding lag and warping generally in mp?
  • ThodeThode Member Posts: 1
    That worked perfectly!! :)
  • SoulafeinSoulafein Member Posts: 15
    If we are two playing on MP we need to do that both or only who host the game?
    @squish: So, it's a matter of not loading the video and the game hangs waiting for the vid to start? I'll try this when I get home. Very exciting.

The lag in MP isn't terrible. Occasionally, a character will walk through a wall or npcs will warp from place to place instead of walking, but nothing terrible yet. Though, we are playing it on a LAN.
  • squishsquish Member Posts: 4
    @ Soulafein - I imagine that all parties in MP need to do this, as everyone watches the rest vids
    @Galen - I think it calls the video, but it gets confused waiting for the rest to finish, so that resting is both completed and unfinished as the video has not been flagged as done.

Thanks for the lag info, I might have to resort to LAN as internet has been warping badly during combat, especially when running away....
  • GridlockedGridlocked Member Posts: 2
    Hey Squish do you delete the original rest.wmb after making the copies or just leave it there?
    @Gridlocked No, you want to keep it. You'll have three files: rest.wmb, restinn.wmb and restdung.wmb.

Confirmed working. This has made the game playable again! Thank you @squish for the solution.
  • AkiriAkiri Member Posts: 2
    @squish - Thanks for the workaround. I had the same problem while playing with my brother.