Skip to content

Pathfinding worse than ever

Since Dev Patch 8193.18 I've seen weird pathfinding such as characters standing still after killing an enemy with targets within range or just within range(which they would normally take one step closer to to be able to hit, they don't do that anymore either), characters standing still when assigned a target behind enemies etc.

I've been playing this game since it originally got released in 2002 and have primarily been playing melee characters, so I know the mechanics of this game really well, but now it feels weird.

I don't see any improvement in the pathfinding either, they still get stuck on the same old placeables and in the same places on familiar tilesets. I hope you will look into this problem and either undo your pathfinding changes or find a way to fix it, because this has only made the game worse and I see many players who expect their character to do one thing, but then their character just stands still. It's a frustrating experience.

Comments

• CalgacusCalgacus Member Posts: 273
    I noticed a "standing still" problem like that too a little while back but have not seen it more recently when playing with the latest preview builds so test for that with the preview build and submit a bug report if you find it.
  • BradgeBradge Member Posts: 24
    I haven't had problems with pathfinding more recently - just with frequent crashes. But pathfinding has been better than it used to be.
  • FaerûnFaerûn Member Posts: 39
    I feel like pathfinding in official campaigns/modules has improved but I run into a lot more issues on Persistent Worlds and my own custom modules that were non-issues before. The "standing still" this is definitely new but funny enough it didn't really get to me until I read Calgacus's reply.