Skip to content

Just installed Latest CEP and now I can't place many vanilla placeables

I started building a new module (Steam version of the game). One area so far using the Medieval City 2 tileset. Started building and decorating the area. I then decided to add the latest CEP to this module(2.65). Currently only using the top_2_65, core0 - core7 and the cep260.tlk. I did not import any of the .erfs (i don't want all the premade stuff). Now I can't place a LOT of the vanilla placeables. "Light: Yellow" for example. I placed several of them before installing CEP and they are still in the module but when I click on the object in the list of default objects, it shows the paint brush cursor like it grabbed it but when I click to place it nothing happens.
Anyone else experience this problem?

Comments

• ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,283
    The reason you're having this problem is that Light: Yellow was introduced into EE after CEP 2.65 was published. Fortunately, there is a fix for that.
  • NeverwinterWightsNeverwinterWights Member Posts: 339
    Thank you at @Proleric . I can place placeables again. It did introduce another small problem though. It deleted all the doors and did something funky to the doors list but I'm still able to replace them so not a huge deal.
    If CEP fixes their top hak am I going to be okay to then remove this fix hak? I'm guessing I'll probably have to remove it at that point?
  • ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,283
    If new content is introduced to EE or CEP, you won't need to change anything until you want to use that content.

I understand that CEP development is frozen at present, so the most likely scenario is new EE content, hopefully followed by an update to the fix above.

If the fix doesn't get updated, you can add the new EE lines to the merged 2da files manually - any text file compare app will identify them, just cut and paste.