Skip to content

Can't seam to dual-class in Black Pits

gogopostgogopost Member Posts: 19
edited November 2012 in Not An Issue
So I have two characters that I wanted to dual-class in my Black Pits party, and the button is greyed out all the time.

I quite sure I did everything right. Both are custom made on for that party. Human. One regular fighter, that I wanted to dual-class into wizard and the other archer that I planed to dual-class into priest. Both are well over stat prerequisites required for the second class, but all I get is greyed out dual-class button.
Post edited by Tanthalas on

Comments

• TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    You're at least level 2 right?
  • gogopostgogopost Member Posts: 19
    Yup, I didn't even noticed that its not available before I reached level 4-5 for all of them.
    Just to be sure, the Fighter has at least 15 Strength and 17 Intelligence and the Ranger has at least 15 Constitution and 17 Wisdom (I think these are the requirements for those dual-classes)?

I'll see if my version has the same problem when I get to my laptop.
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    K, we'll check it out.
  • fealthasfealthas Member Posts: 5
    According to 2nd Edition D&D Rules: A ranger dual-classing to a Priest must have a minimum of 15 in Strenght and Dexterity and 17 in Wisdom.
    Ah, yes, I forgot about higher requirements for the second class. There is even a big block of text explaining it in the game. I just couldn't get to it as it only shows up when you can dual-class and the manual forgets to mention it.

Anyway, here are their exact stats:

FIGHTER
    Str: 12
    Dex: 18
    Con: 17
    Int: 9
    Wis: 18
    Cha: 5

RANGER (Archer)
    Str: 15
    Dex: 18
    Con: 17
    Int: 18
    Wis: 14
    Cha: 7

edited November 2012
    Ok, so it looks like this isn't an issue.

EDIT: Thanks for bringing it up though. Better safe than sorry.
    Crap, now I have another problem. I rolled another party, again going for two dual-class characters.

Cleric/Fighter no problems. But when I try to dual-class into mage I get stuck at selecting mages spells. It should give me lvl.1 selection to select two spells, instead I get "MAGE BOOK: level 10" screen and no spells present, so I can't continue from there. This happens to me when fighter is at lvl.4 and lvl.5
    edited November 2012
    Hm... Better post another topic, since this one is under 'not an issue' already.

Eh, forget it. I fixed it by restarting the game.