Skip to content

Absolutely cannot get jaheira Harper quest to begin

tinyfenixtinyfenix Member Posts: 3
edited December 2020 in Troubleshooting
I’m on chapter 6 dozens of hours of play.

She’s never died or left my party.

Did the baron ployer quest.

Got attacked by bandits.

Did the xzar quest (albeit very late in the game).

Traveled around and slept outside literally dozens of times. Feels like hours of just doing that. And nothing happens.

Nothing happens. She hasn’t talked to me in ages. I was never rude to her.

Apparently I’m supposed to be waiting for someone named meronia to appear to summon her to the Harper hold? She has never appeared.

Unfortunately I’m on switch so cluaconsole is not an option.

Am I just screwed out of it for no reason?

Don’t understand why it won’t work.

Feel like I should also note that this is my second full playthrough on the switch where this quest just will never start. I’ve done it on PC several times. You’d think that after this game being out for 20 years or so, the extreme amount of bugs revolving around some of these characters would have been fixed by now...
Post edited by tinyfenix on

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    when you were in the drow city did you character sleep with phaere? if so, any current romance ends there
  • tinyfenixtinyfenix Member Posts: 3
    Nope, did not do that
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,822
    And if the romance had ended, Meronia would show up anyway to begin the non-romance track of Jaheira's quest. Immediately.

No, this is the game screwing up, in a way that probably can't be fixed except with the console or save-editing. Unless you have an older save from when things were on track that you can go back to, wiping out any progress since then.
    tinyfenix
  • tinyfenixtinyfenix Member Posts: 3
    Bummer. Thanks for the info.