Skip to content

Ntdll.dll Error(win7)

Hello, after trying to start bg ee with the installer(i already downloaded it) i receive the following error:

"bg ee doesnt work anymore. windows can find a solution for this problem online."

Problemsignatur:
Problemereignisname: APPCRASH
Anwendungsname: baldur.exe
Anwendungsversion: 0.1.0.0
Anwendungszeitstempel: 50b66b64
Fehlermodulname: ntdll.dll
Fehlermodulversion: 6.1.7601.17725
Fehlermodulzeitstempel: 4ec49b8f
Ausnahmecode: c0000005
Ausnahmeoffset: 00033ab3
Betriebsystemversion: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Gebietsschema-ID: 1031
Zusatzinformation 1: 0a9e
Zusatzinformation 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Zusatzinformation 3: 0a9e
Zusatzinformation 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

anyone else getting this error?

im using win7 x64, alienware m17x geforce gtx 260m

Comments

• KCFenderKCFender Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2012
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x000343d0
    Faulting process id: 0x480
    Faulting application start time: 0x01cdceb13f5b8f4a
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\Data\00766\baldur.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll
    Report Id: 7e3897f8-3aa4-11e2-920a-a4badbfc1b0b

Game won't start. It was working for a while, but for some reason, just stopped starting.

Tried all available suggestions to fix the game not starting, none of them work.
  • ZeckulZeckul Member Posts: 1,036
    ntdll.dll errors have a wide variety of causes, from a corrupt installation to outdated drivers. I'd start by reinstalling the game (preferrably with the Beamdog client) and making sure all drivers are up-to-date.
  • KCFenderKCFender Member Posts: 2
    I fixed my issue. Problem was I had the baldur.ini file on read-only. I un-ticked that and it starts and runs fine now.
  • MurrayConfederacyMurrayConfederacy Member Posts: 188
    The drivers are definitely very important to have also. Listen to @Zeckul
  • AtumAtum Member Posts: 9
    where do i find the baldur.ini file?
  • HurezHurez Member Posts: 6
    Just realized I have the exact same error as Atum, and can't find my baldur.ini file anywhere.
  • ElizabethSterlingElizabethSterling Member Posts: 39
    It's in your Documents\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\ folder.
    Looking at it right now... C:\Users\Documents\Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition

It's completely empty.
  • ElizabethSterlingElizabethSterling Member Posts: 39
    Probably didn't install properly then, you might have to re-download.
  • booyeahgamesbooyeahgames Member Posts: 2
    I have the same Alienware, and to fix it, I had to switch to the integrated graphics card rather than the fancy GPU. Prior to that, I had tried the various compatibility modes and running as admin, so that may be necessary as well. The other thing that did was go to the .ini file in My Documents\Baldurs Gate, and set fullscreen to 0. I don't know if that is necessary or not.

Part of the problem (i think )is that on these Alienwares, you can't update to the latest drivers directly, without jumping through a bunch of hoops. So you're stuck on Dell's, which is over a year ago.
  • kverdonkverdon Member Posts: 27
    I have the same issue and none of the proposed solutions has been on any help. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the program it still crashes with the ntdll.dll error.
    I just attempted to reinstalled the game twice... once using the beamdog client, and once using the BGEE standalone launcher. Neither of them placed the ini file in my documents... what's going on?
  • CorsymyrCorsymyr Member Posts: 146
    The Folders and INI files do not create unless the Application successfully launches. Sorry I have the same issue and no resolution for you.

Good luck!