Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Limited wish bug?

Playing BG EE in android. Imported my IWD EE character. When i cast limited wish djinn spawns but i cant talk to him. Says " Dao has nothing to say to you". Is this some kind of bug?

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 1,396
    edited December 2020
    While the Wish and Limited Wish spells are included in BGEE, the game's experience cap normally limits arcane characters to level 5 spells. Mages can't go past level 9 (or level 11 with SoD), and there aren't any available scrolls for level 6+ spells either.
    As such, there's no reason to fully implement Wish/Limited Wish with the genie's dialogue. You can cast the spell, but it doesn't do anything meaningful because that dialogue isn't there.

Most other high-level spells do work; this allows high-level NPCs like Liia Jannath or Halbazzer Drin to function properly. While those two don't actually cast high-level spells normally, they have some memorized if you charm them.

sarevok57ThalanaarGrond0ThacoBell
  • ThalanaarThalanaar Member Posts: 2
    jmerry wrote: »
    While the Wish and Limited Wish spells are included in BGEE, the game's experience cap normally limits arcane characters to level 5 spells. Mages can't go past level 9 (or level 11 with SoD), and there aren't any available scrolls for level 6+ spells either.
    As such, there's no reason to fully implement Wish/Limited Wish with the genie's dialogue. You can cast the spell, but it doesn't do anything meaningful because that dialogue isn't there.

Most other high-level spells do work; this allows high-level NPCs like Liia Jannath or Halbazzer Drin to function properly. While those two don't actually cast high-level spells normally, they have some memorized if you charm them.

Thank you very much.👍