Skip to content

Enhanced Powergaming Scripts v13.4

12346»

Comments

• RoLYroLLsRoLYroLLs Member Posts: 11
    @_DD_ and @morpheus562 thank you!
    Thanks again @morpheus562 ! I'm trying to diagnose an issue, none of the keybindings work and not sure what to do. Here's what I did:
    1. I have the GOG version of BG2EE (and BGEE but haven't tested there).
    2. Placed the exe and supplied folder in the same folder where `Baldur.exe` is located.
    3. Ran the exe and only installed `Accelerated Pre-Buffing Speed`
    4. Opened every character's Record -> Customize -> Script and change to none (saved and went to game screen for each character)
    5. Made sure on each char's Record `AI Script` value was `none`
    6. Opened each char's Record -> Customize -> Script and selected `Enhanced Powergaming Scripts` (saved and went to game screen for each character)
    7. Made sure on each char's Record `AI Script` value was `custom (bddefai)`
    Pressing `B` or `N` or `T` or any other key bindings in the post does nothing. What am I missing?

Any help is appreciated!
  • morpheus562morpheus562 Member Posts: 278
    @RoLYroLLs do you have ai turned on? Hotkey a
    @morpheus562 yes sir (sorry forgot to mention that. Tried with it on and off.
    @RoLYroLLs what spells are you expecting to buff? Are you in Athkatla? Do you have a weidu log you can provide?
    Currently I just got to Keeper's watch. I expect: Chant, Protection from Evil, Armor, Mirror Image. Attached is the weidu log. Let me know if I can do/provide anything else.
    @RoLYroLLs Do you have the characters you want to buff selected when you press the B or N keys? If you go into combat, do they react or do nothing?
    edited June 11
    @morpheus562 I'm out of combat when I try the B and N keys and yes they are all selected. Also, my thieves don't automatically Find Traps and when I fight, no one auto attacks the next target when I do enter combat. It's almost as if AI option is off or they have no script selected. I even tried removing all scripts from everyone. Then added it to my main only, and still no reaction to B or N.
    Can you attach your bddefai.bcs file here that is found in your override folder?
    Of course. Thank you for taking the time to review this. Hopefully it isn't something stupid on my end.

FYI: It's not a compressed file. The file type "bcs" wasn't allowed, so I just added "zip".
    So check this out... before installing these scripts I turned the directory "Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition" into a git repo. As a programmer, I was curious to see what was being installed and how to maybe learn to do scripts or modify them in the future. After sending you the bddefai.bcs file, I reverted the changes back to original install (which is just before adding the scripts) and reran the installer and now everything is working just fine!

Maybe the bcs file can lead you to whatever happened to my initial install of the scripts. Let me know if you still want to look at any of the files I had when it wasn't working.
    If it is working, then it was whatever you were doing with the git that is the likely culprit. Happy to hear it is working now.
    Thanks for your help! Interesting, I didn't do anything different before, git related, but if it's worth knowing, I'll add this bit:

Initially I ran the exe file, and then chose to quit and not install it just yet (I closed it vs choosing options). Then I reran it and installed only the Accelerated Pre-Buffing Speed. Then I commit and this is where it wasn't working.

I then reverted back to my initial commit, ran the installer and didn't quit it this time. I ran it all the way through till it asked to exit. Committed everything and now it's working.

Hopefully it's worth knowing. If not, it's water under the bridge and I really appreciate you taking your time to help!
    Official release for version 13.4 which brings the following enhancements:
    • Added Chinese translation courtesy of Cat.
  • ithildurnewithildurnew Member Posts: 276
    Okay, I have to ask. Can you please untie healing from debuffing and curing. I can't stand the healing AI. They blow spells when they don't need to when out of combat, for one. Like the clerics / druids go 'oh you poor baby, you're misisng 10 hp out of 130, I better heal you."

Second, on top of that, they seem to just randomly pick when to cast it. Okay. Out of combat. ....waiting for the druid to heal, I freaking know she's going to. ....okay hey, maybe she's dumb being done and casting a cure for 5% of his hp, *clicks to move right as she starts casting and interrupts it.* ....amazing.

I would second this; ai managed healing out of combat is both unnecessary and often does a poor job of evaluation when it's truly needed vs resource management.