Skip to content

Steam Install Won't Launch

TXDeadBearTXDeadBear Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1
I submitted a ticket on the atlassian.net support desk about 2 days ago but haven't had any response so I thought I might post here to see if anyone has any ideas on how I can get NWN:EE running on Win10. Details below of the ticket I submitted below....

Monday 11:01 PM

Description
I've searched this up & down and still cannot resolve this issue. I just purchased and installed Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition via Steam and when I hit "Play" it does absolutely nothing. Steam play button goes from "Play" to "Cancel" and almost immediately back to "Play". I've tried reinstalling..deleting documents/Neverwinter Nights...running "oalinst.exe" from Steam install directory to install OpenAL...added \steamapps\common\Neverwinter Nights\ to windows 10 defender exclusions...nothing has worked. So now I am reaching out for support please.

Platform
Windows - Windows 10

How did you purchase Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition?
Steam

Tuesday 2:36 PM

Not sure if this helps, but I pinned down two entries in Event Viewer that are related to the nwmain.exe app crashing. I have shared two .txt files in the OneDrive share link below that contain the Event Viewer details. Thanks

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnSocQlfPyMGgbtq0-FzFmuDRNAkIg?e=lEryhq