Skip to content

Henchman

How do I add a henchman to my module? In my case, I want to add a cougar to my team. Can you even have animals or monsters as henchman.
I've been playing around with AddHenchman() ; but no luck. :)

Comments

• ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,282
    edited January 2021
    There is a basic tutorial at the Lexicon.

You'll find various systems at Neverwinter Vault which improve on this, depending in how you want your companions to behave.

Animals and monsters can certainly be henchmen. Sometimes it makes sense to tailor their behaviour. For example, players probably shouldn't be able to open a cougar henchman's inventory - that can be tweaked in the OnConversation script, where player commands are processed. A cougar might acquire new teeth on level up, and so on.
  • ZephiriusZephirius Member Posts: 411
    I read the tutorial (thanks for the heads up) and it calls for certain script sets ("set_xp1_henchmen.ini"), but I don't see the erf anywhere in the download.
    By the way, I love the idea of new teeth on lvl up. :)
  • ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,282
    The script sets can be found (on Windows) in C:\Users\...\Beamdog Library\00785\data\scr.

Copy them to the erf folder in Documents to make them available to the toolset.

Prior to EE, the script sets were in a user folder called scripttemplates. It is arguably a bug that EE doesn't copy the templates there, expecting instead that the script sets are in the erf folder, which was formerly reserved for erf import/export files - but no matter.
    Thanks again. Gonna give it a try.
    That was easy. Got a Leopard henchman now. Thanks Proleric.