Skip to content

.2da File Location?

I seem to remember there being a zip with all of the .2da files in it. Anyone recall where it's located? I've searched all of the Steam directories and have come up with nothing.

Comments

• TarotRedhandTarotRedhand Member Posts: 1,481
    Don't know about steam but with a Beamdog installation it's in the 00829 folder above all the folders for NwN EE. Therefore, at a guess, it should be in a similar position with a steam installation along with build-date.txt, databuild.txt and decrypt.dll. Assuming that you are on windows, that is.

TR
  • ForSeriousForSerious Member Posts: 446
    It's in: ~\steamapps\common\Neverwinter Nights\data\base_2da.bif

I used a program call BifEditor. It was the first thing I found when I searched for a bif unpacker. Pretty sure it was on the NWN vault site.
    The only trick with it was I had to copy the nwn_base.key file to the folder above it, and point the bif editor to it.
  • ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,281
    edited February 2021
    00829 is the Development version. On the Retail version, the 2da files can be seen and exported en mass using NWN Explorer. Academic right now, as I understand the versions are materially identical, but might diverge in future.
  • WilliamDracoWilliamDraco Member Posts: 175
    Also - You aren't wrong. There was a .zip file with all the 2das in it for a few builds. It's not in current stable for reasons unknown (forgot? issue? dunno) so you can access them as per above.

Or take advantage of someone who already has: https://github.com/urothis/nwn-assets
    Pressing `t` on that page will start the search function, and you can type in whichever one you are looking for.
    edited February 2021
    There are also the Bioware standard assets here that Rolo Kipp uploaded to the vault before NwN EE was released. Most of the 2da files remain unchanged for EE.

TR
  • ZephiriusZephirius Member Posts: 411
    Ok. Thanks everybody. Now another question...
    ...I can't find a tutorial that calls custom skybox.2DA with Neverwinter script!

PC will look through (using the telescope placeable) and change the sky to a custom skybox.2DA
    He's gonna change the sky from cloudy to "Heavens" or "Galaxy"
    edited February 2021
    Should be pretty easy. Just put the number in the 2da file in the SetSkyBox call.
    There are constants declared for 0 to 5, in the toolset, but if the 2da has more, it should work.
    (By default there is only one more: 6 and it points to something named Black. Not sure how that is different than None.)
    in the .2DA I have, lines 10 - 29 are available to "USER". Is this where I would put the custom lines?
    You're out of my realm. That sounds like HackPack territory to me.
    I always thought you had to edit the .2da and then through it into a hak. However, I am unsure of the right protocols to use in this .2da...
    That sounds right to me, but again, I have never ventured there.
  • ProlericProleric Member Posts: 1,281
    I can confirm you put the 2da in a hak, populating the user-reserved lines.

My current starting point is here, because CEP has a lot more reserved lines.
    If you have your image files all set up that's great. On the other hand you could always look through all the skyboxes that are already made for use in the toolset such as the Community Skybox Pack (CSP) v2.1 which has loads of them and is a good starting point.

TR