Skip to content

How to enable cheats in IWD EE

TrubbsTrubbs Member Posts: 4
All my research has said I need to make an edit to the either baldur.ini or icewind.ini file, its ambiguous. But I can't find either file in my install directory, in my documents folder, or anywhere else.

Also while attempting to get logged in to this forum google chrome is now telling me one of my passwords here has been compromised. I don't understand what the hell that means or how that could happen from clicking log in on this website and then using it, so im assuming its just chrome being stupid.

But where are these fabled .ini files? They just don't seem to exist on my system and I am extremely frustrated by this. I've looked in the game directory and in the documents folder on my computer and have done searches for it so its not in any of those folders. So what gives?

Comments

• TrubbsTrubbs Member Posts: 4
    Ok I found a new thread that got this working for me. I guess I just had to take a few minutes and come back with a fresh set of eyes.
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    The .ini files are for pre-EE versions of the game. In the EE, it's .lua files instead. They should be where documents are stored on your system, alongside the save folders.

As for an alert telling you that your password is compromised ... did you, by any chance, use a password here that you've also used on another site? It sounds like a security breach somewhere led to a bunch of username/password combinations getting picked up. And once the hackers have that list, they'll try those combinations on other sites, because people like the convenience of having one thing to memorize even if it comes with more risk.

Personally, my defense against this ... any site that deals in real money gets a unique password. I might reuse passwords elsewhere, but only if getting that account compromised doesn't really cost me anything.