Skip to content

Help me round out my party

So I'm currently running a 5 man party: Charname Blade, Kivan, Coran, Xan (made into a Fighter/Mage) and Viconia. I only have Werewolf Island and the lower levels of Durlag's Tower left before I go crash the party and show everyone how bad a guy that Sarevok fellow really is.

I want to take a 6th party member, if for nothing - just to be a mule - and I'm having a hard time deciding on who. I was considering Dorn, since he is the strongest, but between myself, Xan and Wand of Summoning I've plenty of melee characters.

All my characters are dressed out in the fattest loot, and i was thinking maybe someone who can use crossbows and daggers - so they can use the poison dagger and the army schyte. Maybe Shar-Teel? I already have her dualed to Thief, and she's pretty strong too, so would be a great mule. I was also considering Baeloth, just for the sheer power he brings but I'm not sure.

Anyone have any fun suggestions?

Comments

• BelfaldurnikBelfaldurnik Member Posts: 212
    Companion choice largely depends on chosen difficulty mode. For Core and higher, wouldn't you want any wizard that can learn level 5 spells?
  • DhariusDharius Member Posts: 654
    I think that Xan is best kept as a single class Wizard, to get full access to his higher level spells.

Otherwise a druid type might be useful, like Faldorn or Jaheira? You seem to be working on an elven type theme, so Jaheira might be the more fitting of the two (although high level druid spells are rather cool)
    Aerakar
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,366
    Dorn would be a good addition to help against Karoug. Other than him, I'd say either Baeloth or Edwin would be a good addition to your party.
  • jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    You don't have a druid or a singleclass mage so Jaheira or Baeloth would make the most sense to me.
  • imnotgodimnotgod Member Posts: 27
    Thanks for all the replies! I've already completed the game and ventured unto SoD. In the end I decided to bring Shar-Teel for someone to use the army schyte and dagger of venom (and to be a mule).

I play on core difficulty, so don't really need to power game and could chose someone based on flavour.
    SkatanOcelot