Skip to content

Diary of one Medea Shadowgaze [no-reload LoB+SCS+Ascension]

Hi all !

With the current situation, I’ve got time on my hands so I decided to try a narrative run, with a real emphasis on making it as enjoyable to read as possible. It is meant for people who know the game well enough to recognize what is hinted.

I will attempt a no-reload LoB+SCS+Ascension from start to finish (though it might turn into a minimal reload run at some point).
Here are a few house rules I use for additional flavor and challenge :
- Double damage taken activated
- Monster increase in number and respawn every 16h.
- SCS has all max annoying settings for the whole saga (including the infamous "every eligible npc has HLA")
- Item randomizer (big change. No more "i'll just rush that item and then autowin every battle”)
- No recharging wands and trinkets
- Single-class characters only. Dual / multi sweetspots are just too powerful.
- No summons through spells, trinkets, or wands (this is huge if, like me, you would just summon 5 skeletons and clear the map. Really nice change). I can only cast summoning spells from charmed npc.
- I will role-play an very charismatic neutral evil human mesmerizer. She’s a sorcerer with enchanter specialization (through EE keeper), but with no additional spell. So essentially you trade the ability to cast evocation magic for a defensive / offensive bonus to enchantment spells. Probably a fair bit weaker than a regular sorcerer (especially combined to no summons rule, so you get about 50 barred spells), but it fits the character well and i’m sure it can shine.
- I may edit classes and stats of npc when recruiting them for role-play / party balance purposes, or to keep the single-class rule. Nothing illegal though.

Obviously the challenge will require a copious amount of meta-gaming, but i will try to write around it as best I can. Hope you enjoy it !

f8ipmy7osnj3.jpg

qwqzjgzxorwn.jpg

ojaun3gp1g3b.jpg

essb51fryvjb.jpg