Skip to content

BG2 EE Sarevok avatar paperdoll

crimson_prophetcrimson_prophet Member Posts: 4
edited March 2021 in BGII:EE Mods
Hi guys,

I've found an interesting mod the other day, that assigns a paperdoll to Sarevok avatar. Sadly, for some reason it does not work in EE, the paperdoll is not visible in inventory screen (it does work in vanilla version, as far as I know).

My question is: does anybody know how to fix this in EE?

I've done some reasearch and there is an ambitious mod called 'Infinity Animations', that fixes the problem ('Improved paperdoll support for existing animations' module), but (again) version 5.0 does not work with EE.
The Author runs a project on Github with intention to release a version that is compatibile with EE, but it goes on for 2-3 years now, with no ETA...

Is there a workaround?

Thanks!

-CP

Comments

• crimson_prophetcrimson_prophet Member Posts: 4
    edited March 2021
    OK, so I stumbled upon a solution to my problem by a total accident...

1. Install Extended Animations mod by Viader (Not sure if this step is needed, but I have not tested this without it)

2. Install Sarevok Restore mod from here

3. Using Near Infinity tool export animate.ids file to override folder (if it's not there already) and add a line at the end of the file: 0x5D5D SAREVOK_ALT

4. Using Near Infinity open U-CHAOA.itm file from override, find the right field and change animation effect from SAREVOK to SAREVOK_ALT (that you created earlier).

5. It works! Sarevok paperdoll is now visible, while armor is equiped.

6. Unfortunately, equiped weapons are visible while using this avatar... (the original Sarevok avatar does not seem to have this issue and all weapon animations are 'hidden'...) - I used Near Infinity, opened U-Chaos.itm in override folder and changed weapon animation from 'two handed sword' to 'None'.
    Post edited by crimson_prophet on