Skip to content

[Bug?] Dualing Imoen into a mage broken: "You may pick 0 spells" or thief skills don't reactivate

crawlkillcrawlkill Member Posts: 71
edited November 2013 in Not An Issue
Well, my last bug report was totally wrong, but I don't see how this one can be. Imoen's just gotten enough XP to hit level 3 and I'm trying to dual her into a mage. The proficiency selection works correctly, but then I get to the "pick your starting spells" screen. "You may choose 0 spells to put in your spellbook," the box says. But the confirm button is greyed out--the game is actually waiting for me to "choose no spells." Clicking on the spell tiles does nothing. So I can't complete the mage levelup.
Post edited by Balquo on

Comments

• TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    Can you provide a save game with the buggy Imoen? I don't get this problem when dual-classing Imoen.
  • MurrayConfederacyMurrayConfederacy Member Posts: 188
    edited November 2012
    When dual-ling Imoen to a mage, when prompted to select her 1st level spells no spells were showing up. Thus not allowing the player to select "done". The only way to leave this screen is by pressing esc. Reloading the game fixed the issue.
    Post edited by Balquo on
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    This is the same bug as dualing a kensai to mage. But i couldn't reproduce it.
    Probably it was already fixed by one of the patches?
  • WooWoo Member Posts: 135
    There isn't even a point in dual classing Imoen in BG1, only at the start of BG2 is it a good idea.
  • claudiusclaudius Member Posts: 82
    I got spells when dual-classing imoen, but when I exceeded thief levels I did not get her old thieves skills. I leveled imoen to 4th level thief. When I dual-classed to level 1 mage she *did* get spells normally and with each level up normally.

The problem is that when she got to be 5th level mage/4th level thief the points I spent to get to 100 pick pockets were lost and now she has the thieves skills of a 1st level thief, though still the hitpoints and Thac0.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • notcromnotcrom Member Posts: 6
    I've had the exact same bug, though the first time I did it I had a crazy number of spell selects. You can reproduce it by going to level up as a thief normally, hitting ESC, then attempting to dual class.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/10422/bug-cross-class-leveling-breaks-the-game-after-backing-up#latest
  • crawlkillcrawlkill Member Posts: 71
    Woo said:

There isn't even a point in dual classing Imoen in BG1, only at the start of BG2 is it a good idea.

a) you are abjectly wrong b) what the hell does that have to do with the bug c) she is already dualed into a mage at the start of BG2 d) what are you doing here e) go home, birdie
  • AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    I ran into the same problem. Weirdly, it only happens with imoen4.cre. She couldn't pick spells on dual-classing. I had to use imoen2.cre. My game is modded so I don't know if that's why but I remember running into a similar problem before. May still be an issue...