Skip to content

BG2EE ToB: Level 24 Mage Imoen with only access to level 6 spells?

Here is a screenshot of the Record screen. Imoen is buffed up with a +5 Intelligence potion.

rswrptrjmb1m.png

Is this normal for Imoen to have access only up to level 6 spells? I find this strange since my GW, a level 14/16 Fighter/Mage, already has access to level 7 spells, and Edwin, a level 18 Conjurer, has access to level 9 spells.

Comments

• ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    She should have access to level 9 spells by now, although she has Int17 and therefore needs the potion to be able to learn the spells (that is, to scribe the scrolls).

However, seeing that you have an alternative portrait and her thief abilities are extremely high (for example open locks 180, find traps 155), which they definitely aren't usually, do you have any mods installed or did you use EE Keeper to change anything?
  • jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    Wait, less than 3 million XP and level 24? Just what did you do to reach that level? Also, base THAC0 10? She should be at 13 (from her mage levels). And her thief skills look considerably higher than they should be given her base skills and 20 Dex; some of that could be temporary buffs like potions of master thievery, but the +50 to Find Traps is a head-scratcher.

A level 24 mage should have spell slots up to level 9. Actually having spells to fill them depends on learning from scrolls and taking HLAs.

Whatever you've done seems to have thoroughly scrambled things and turned her into an approximation of a bard.
  • ensbanaensbana Member Posts: 80
    Yep I have quite a few mods installed, but can’t recall any that would prevent Imoen from having access to higher-level spells. I used EEKeeper to change her thieving stats, plus she was wearing all sorts of thieving-boosting items and is buffed up with Potion of Master Thievery as well.

Maybe it’s a bug with one of the mods. I was playing the same party since the start of ToB, so I guess her being a level 24 mage while Edwin is at level 18 is not right as well? Just want to know what levels and spell access are “normal” so that I can fix them with EEKeeper.
    jmerry wrote: »
    Wait, less than 3 million XP and level 24? Just what did you do to reach that level? Also, base THAC0 10? She should be at 13 (from her mage levels). And her thief skills look considerably higher than they should be given her base skills and 20 Dex; some of that could be temporary buffs like potions of master thievery, but the +50 to Find Traps is a head-scratcher.

A level 24 mage should have spell slots up to level 9. Actually having spells to fill them depends on learning from scrolls and taking HLAs.

Whatever you've done seems to have thoroughly scrambled things and turned her into an approximation of a bard.

Yeah Idk why her XP and level don’t match. Weird.
    edited March 2021
    Update: I’ve used EEKeeper to change her mage level to 16. When I load the file she levels up instantly to level 17 (the correct level for someone with her XP), and gets access to a few level 8 spell slots. So I guess the problem was with her level being fixed at 24 by mistake, for some reason.
  • DudzioDudzio Member Posts: 81
    Where did you get that cool portrait of her? ;)
    Here’s the mod. I installed the mod just for the NPC portraits component, but I guess you can just take image files from the portrait folder and put them in the correct place.

I find most of the portraits here better than the originals, except that of Neera.

di9w8vunz8jf.png