Skip to content

Strategies for using Skull Blast/Delayed Fireball Etc.

I was wondering if there were any good strategies to using these proximity type spells (such as skull blast/delayed fireball)? Specifically when and how do I effectively place them?

I seem to encounter the following scenarios when using these spells:
1. The enemy doesn't engage because they are in the fog and therefore do not run into the skull.
2. The enemy is engaging me but gets to my characters before the spell gets fully cast and has run past the place I am casting the skull.

Are there any good tips to using these spells as a trap or should I just treat them like regular fireballs and cast them into a huge group of monsters?

Comments

• HafirHafir Member Posts: 97
    Skull its my favoriute spell better than fireball in my opinion because giving magic damage which is very unlikly to find immune opponents and have less range which can be obtain in small spaces, I very rare using that as a trap because its very easy to be engage in range or if active will give less damage than use on go, when for example opponents are gathered in bottle neck places... but here

you can see how to set a trap for a dragon in SoD, if you like it give sub to have notification of new content which Im regulary adding
  • oakheartoakheart Member Posts: 64
    Triggering a cluster of DBFs with a fire elemental is very satisfying. Skull Trap is also very effective when carefully positioned and triggered with a summoned mob.
  • 723wolf723wolf Member Posts: 14
    edited March 2021
    I didn't think about that, but using a Fire Elemental to trigger the delayed fire ball seems effective, though it also sounds like most people are just treating it like a regular fireball and casting it into a group of enemies. It also looks like I need to hone my kiting skills, if I circled around the skull it would be easier to lure them into it. Thanks for the advice all!
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    also, if you cast the level 3 mage spell protection from fire on your front line, they can run full charge into a delayed blast fire ball no problem, so if they are caught in a big group of enemies, let the fireballs fly

for skull trap it deals magical damage, so again, if you cast the level 6 mage spell protection from magical energy on your front line and they go into the fray, you can cast away with skull traps without having to worry about hurting your front line
  • 723wolf723wolf Member Posts: 14
    Awesome, I will have to add those spells to my line up for these spells. Thanks for your help.
    sarevok57