Skip to content

Using Kondar against Dragons

Was just wondering if Kondar is +3 against dragons? I think that it SHOULD be, as dragons often change into humanoids as a disguise (e.g. Firkraag, Draconis and that Shadow Dragon in the Rasaad TOB quest whose name I forget).

I hope it does, because I like Kondar, and bastard swords in general :) If only they'd fix Foebane...

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    No. Kondar is only +3 against lycanthropes and doppelgangers. It's pretty much just a prettier +1 sword in BG2.

As for Foebane (specifically, the healing effect of the upgraded version) ... I'm pretty sure 2.6 has a fix for that. Until that comes out, there's a very simple hotfix somewhere on these forums.
  • DhariusDharius Member Posts: 654
    edited March 2021
    Thanks @jmerry. I think that ideally dragons and druids should be considered shapeshifters, but it's only my opinion of course.

I'll check Foebane, and Larloch's Minor Drain (one of my favourite spells, which I've avoided for ages because it didn't work properly in the past) in 2.6 when I can. With the healing effect in place, Foebane could become my weapon of choice in TOB.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    Dharius wrote: »
    Thanks @jmerry. I think that ideally dragons and druids should be considered shapeshifters, but it's only my opinion of course.

I'll check Foebane, and Larloch's Minor Drain (one of my favourite spells, which I've avoided for ages because it didn't work properly in the past) in 2.6 when I can. With the healing effect in place, Foebane could become my weapon of choice in TOB.

the reason why DRAGONS are not considered shapeshifters is because they use polymorph self spells to change into humans, they don't do it shapeshift style, infact, if im not mistaken they are even immune to polymorphing effects despite they can do it to themselves... ah caveats, good times... although i kind of do agree that druids perhaps should be considered shapeshifters since that is one main feature of their class