Skip to content

How cool is that? My laptop just gave me a free unique magic item.

DhariusDharius Member Posts: 654
I have a new laptop, and it’s nice and all 2021 ready, but the built in mouse is very sensitive. It makes playing BG2 more challenging because it often clicks things I don’t want, and I’ve had to reload a bit here and there.

I was just shuffling some random rubbish my charname was carrying, y’know two standard axes or nonmagical staves to drop on the ground to make room for new loot, when my mouse ‘jumped’ and clicked onto my shield slot when it (i.e. the cursor image) had a staff I was dropping, and my nonmagical staff just transformed into a copy of the shield I was carrying (which luckily was the Shield of the Lost) so now my party has two of them?

No idea what happened because my jumpy mouse moved faster than the eye could see, and I can’t reload because it was a long time since my last save...so I’ll keep it as a perk for putting up with my weird mouse I guess.

Life is good sometimes :) Those nonmagical staffs are more than they seem after all...
Post edited by Dharius on

Comments

• ArviaArvia Member Posts: 2,101
    That's very kind of your laptop ;)

What system are you on? And I don't know if you're talking about touchpad or mouse, but anyway the cursor speed and sensitivity should be adjustable. In Windows 10 it's under settings->devices and I suppose other systems would have a similar option as well.
  • DhariusDharius Member Posts: 654
    Cool! I’ll have a look - thanks! I might miss its friskiness though if I turned it down...but playing BG2 at the moment with it is a bit of a chore.