Skip to content

[SoD 2.5] Remove Paralysis does not remove the visual effect from Hold Person

AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
This is likely a known bug, but figured I'd raise it anyway for the sake of safety.

I'm running SoD 2.5 on Windows 10, but I reckon this is a general issue that would be present across all games.

I have a saved game that can I provide for repro, but it should relatively easy to repro with a Priest character and another character with poor Saving Throws (so the Hold Person spell lands reliably.)
  • Have the Priest character cast Hold Person on the other character.
  • Note that the character affected by Hold Person displays a visual effect above their head showing a red sphere orbited by several white-hot rings.
  • Have the Priest cast Remove Paralysis on the held character to free them.
  • Observe that while the character is successfully freed and can now move (as well as the Held icon has been properly removed from their portrait), the visual effect of the sphere orbited by white-hot rings does not disappear until the spell's duration reaches its natural end.

Remove Paralysis should remove the graphical effect as well.

Comments

• GalactygonGalactygon Member, Developer Posts: 412
    edited April 2021
    Thanks for your report and nice to see you again Andrea! Yes, it's known behavior that accompanying effects such as play SPMINDAT.vvc are not all accounted for during effect removal. It's likely more than just Remove Paralysis vs. Hold Person. We will have to devise a way to methodologically account for all such accompanying effects.