Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

What is the best wish option, in the situation pictured here:

What is the best wish option, in this situation:
uncfegimyacv.jpg

Text of the options (duplicates picture content):
1. Incur bad luck on everyone in the area, including party members.
2. Cast a double-length time stop and improved alacrity on the caster.
3. Temporarily remove half the caster's HP.
4. Party loses 10000 GP.
5. Bring a "meteor swarm" down upon the caster.

Relevant facts about the situation:
- There are no current enemies, but Vithal is about to return from his final trip into the elemental planes.
- This wish has been cast by a projected image of the (dragon disciple) protagonist, and the djinn is speaking to that image.
- This image has already summoned a planetar and prepared a 3x Incendiary Cloud chain contingency.
- The entire party is currently immune to fire (100% or more resistance), and the protagonist is wearing the cloak of mirroring.
- The protagonist is wearing the robe of Vecna and amulet of power, for the best possible casting speed.
- This was played in BG2EE 2.5, with mods including SCS. While some of these wish spells have been altered slightly, that's all for AI scripting purposes; no substantive changes have been made to their effects.

I'll post my answers to this one tomorrow, when I put up the part of the run that the picture comes from.

What is the best wish option, in the situation pictured here: 8 votes

Oh, it's bad luck to be you
0%
A big ball of wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey stuff
12%
MERLANCE 1 vote
I don't feel so good
37%
JuliusBorisovBalrog99Zaxares 3 votes
Tax time
25%
Pokotajmerry 2 votes
Death from above
25%
Grond0ineth 2 votes

Comments

• Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 6,932
    I don't feel so good
    Depends on who else is in your party I suppose, but a temporary level penalty doesn't seem to be a game changer in the situation you describe. You'll still be able to cast some pretty awesome level 5 and 6 spells.

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 1,710
    edited April 14
    Tax time
    Not levels, just HP. And only for the caster (the image). That is indeed a pretty harmless one.

The level drain penalty is a different wish; two levels lost for the whole party, permanent until restored. It didn't come up this time, and I've never taken it.

• lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,291
    Which option were you aiming for that is not in the list? Wish rest? I mostly use wish in combat or near creatures.

If you want to kill him then swarm, the rest is void unless you want to prep a few delayed blast fireballs, then take the alacrity and timestop combo.

sarevok57
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,291
    Ah, i did not know the image would then create money and I also did not know the planetar would go hostile in scs.

JuliusBorisov