Skip to content

PW that is story heavy and interesting

I may not start pw game anytime soon, as I still have to play some single player community modules that are well known of the good stories first. However, I know I will try PW someday just to see how different is the experience of multiplayer can offer. So out of curiosity, I would like to know, is there any server that we can focus doing story quests like some mmorpg like ESO or FF14, and the story is fun at the same time? It seems like most servers i found are either categorised as RP or ACTION.

I also tried some pw just to see how they are, like:

Neversummer has quite an interesting starting story (ancient one route), but I'm not sure whether it will have stories since it looks more like a pvp or action server.

Tried Arileth and feel quite fun to see many people talk in a lorefriendly way like npcs. It looks like strongly focus on RP so it probably won't have many quests with stories.

Generally I'm quite impressed with the works done for these PW, feel better than I have expected.

Comments

• MrDamageMrDamage Member Posts: 210
    You could try Mystaria alternate

https://m-a.freeforums.net/

I would describe it as middle of the road, containing lots of RP and character development, but there is action and some story lines there too.
    Some things I like about it are the fact that its not as heavily nerfed as some RP PWs can be. You wont find things such as regen missing.
    Secondly, there are two opposing factions but any pvp is strictly by consent of both parties only, no griefing or etc.
    The player base isnt as big as some of the big pws out there but I love it none the less.
    May or may not be something that interests you, but id give it a try
  • ArchMage_SplatArchMage_Splat Member Posts: 12
    O_o you call Neversummer a pvp server :disappointed:

They ban me if i went arena pvp on the pile in their the min i'm in a full pvp zone.

If only we had player base :(

More then that the list of servers with player base is few, have you tried three towns server ?
    its still going in none EE, my self i'm on the fence to buying the GoG version,total player base on a weekend is what 200 or so on all servers, i remember 5000 when the game was new.....