Skip to content

No quote feature

KoreKore Member Posts: 245
edited June 2012 in Site Resources
Unless I'm simply not used to using Vanilla and I'm being foolish there is no quote feature. This would be pretty useful to have, I'm just sayin' :)
Post edited by CameronTofer on

Comments

• TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    Quotes and some minor editing features (bold, italic) would be nice.
  • KoreKore Member Posts: 245
    Yeah, more than just minor would be good. There is no reason to limit members from posting images, links in text etc from the forums.
  • ScottBrooksScottBrooks Member Posts: 687
    Why on EARTH would you need Bold or Italics?
  • CameronToferCameronTofer Administrator, Developer Posts: 279
    edited June 2012
    Quotes and some minor editing features (bold, italic) would be nice.
    I've turned quotes on. The location of the quote button is not consistent with the first comment, I'll ask to get that fixed.
    KoreAnton
    Cheers dude.
    @CameronTofer

On a slightly related note, the bookmark feature is also missing. It's there in the page source, but if you ctrl-F "bookmark " (including the space) on threads you started it highlights a tiny little square in the top right of the opening post. If you click on this it shows the options gear, but that only gives you the option to edit and no option to bookmark. It also doesn't exist on threads that you didn't start which defeats the point of it :)
    @ScottBrooks

You shouldn't make fun of the messageboardediting impaired :(

@CameronTofer

Thanks

@Kore

I'm not sure if I understood you correctly, but you bookmark threads by clicking the star icon on the thread list, not in the thread itself.
    @tanthalas

Oh that's true. I didn't realise that. I'm pretty sure that there should be the feature to do it in the thread as well though and it looks like a CSS bug or something that's preventing it. If you check the page source the ability to bookmark is on this page, it's just not showing.
    Yeah, I think it would be more practical to be able to bookmark a thread from within it.
  • CameronToferCameronTofer Administrator, Developer Posts: 279
    Yeah, I think it would be more practical to be able to bookmark a thread from within it.
    I agree, I'll pass this along.
  • BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
    edited June 2012
    Why on EARTH would you need Bold or Italics?
    Ha! The Quote feature reveals your bold and italics! Actually it's a lot more preferable for me to use the "<" than the "[".
    Post edited by Bhryaen on