Skip to content

Xvart Village

OniriumOnirium Member Posts: 2
edited December 2012 in Fixed
I'm not sure this is a bug, but I noticed two things at this point:

1 - The Cave Bear attacked the Xvarts instead of my party (!!)
2 - There were very few Xvarts! I remember fighting myriads years ago, but there were barely 5 or 6 Xvarts this time, hardly a tough fight. This is related to something I've noticed elsewhere, the areas look so empty, there are many less enemies everywhere, fights are much easier as a result, no challenge :-(
Post edited by Avenger_teambg on

Comments

• BalquoBalquo Member, Developer Posts: 2,746
    1 - That is normal. Even in BG1.
    2 - Yeah, I remember more also. I believe it may have something to do with them spawning much quicker in BG1? I'm not sure really.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    The number of Xvarts in the village depends on your level.
  • OniriumOnirium Member Posts: 2
    It's not just the Xvart village, it's everywhere. I find one or two gibberlings, one kobold, a lonely wolf... Besides, I'm doing things in pretty much the same order I used to. I'll keep playing, but so far I find this a bit disappointing, I've increased the game's difficulty but it doesn't help much. Thanks for the comments :-)
    The number of enemies is supposed to increase with your party size and level. I'm not sure when the changes take effect.
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    Onirium said:

It's not just the Xvart village, it's everywhere. I find one or two gibberlings, one kobold, a lonely wolf... Besides, I'm doing things in pretty much the same order I used to. I'll keep playing, but so far I find this a bit disappointing, I've increased the game's difficulty but it doesn't help much. Thanks for the comments :-)

That's how it is in Baldurs Gate vanilla, for me - Are you used to TuTu?
    I don't know about TuTu, but in BGT the number of enemy spawns is larger. Xvarts spawn six at a time in the village, but in vBG1 I don't think they behave that way.
  • OniriumOnirium Member Posts: 2
    edited November 2012
    Tanthalas said:

I don't know about TuTu, but in BGT the number of enemy spawns is larger. Xvarts spawn six at a time in the village, but in vBG1 I don't think they behave that way.

I've played BG1 a dozen times at least, TuTu maybe 2 or 3 times. I might be wrong, but I recall always fighting against huge amounts of Xvarts, Gnolls, Kobolds and Gibberlings, spending minutes just to collect all the goodies they dropped when they were killed. I went to the Gnoll fortress and what did I find? Not more than 12 gnolls, plus 2 more gnolls that respawned. Quite lame. I've also noticed this only happens in open areas, not in caves or between areas, where there seems to be a set number of enemies.
    Post edited by Onirium on
  • begolf00begolf00 Member Posts: 152
    I also thought Vanilla BG spawned a lot of xvarts at their village but it's been so long since I've played Vanilla that everything is really hazy lol.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited November 2012
    I agree with Onirium certainly in regards to the gnoll fortress. There were very few gnolls relative to what there normally was in BG1 vanilla. I did find there were less Xvarts, but it was less noticable.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    The spawns have been tuned up, the bear is fine that way. So moving this to fixed.
  • DeltaslayerDeltaslayer Member Posts: 49
    Onirium said:

1 - The Cave Bear attacked the Xvarts instead of my party (!!)

Surely a bug. The bear is to attack your party, I had to use Kivan's animal charm to control it into attacking the Xvarts.