Skip to content

Favored Enemy

DJ_WoWDJ_WoW Member Posts: 48
Gooday all,

A simple question: Does the Favored Enemy Feat check against the Race of the enemy or the Class of the enemy.

Thank you for your time,

DJ-WoW

Comments

• ForSeriousForSerious Member Posts: 446
    This is probably not the right place for this question, but I'll give it a shot anyway:

In the toolset, when a creature is created, you can select the race and up to three classes all independent of each other. I am confident that the Favored Enemy feats only check against the race category.
  • FreshLemonBunFreshLemonBun Member Posts: 909
    It checks the race category, specifically a correspondence between the row number in racialtypes.2da with whatever hardcoded value the engine maps to the feat. This is also the case for the rest of the race system, item use restrictions, slaying property, conversations, and so on.

If you create a race for say pixie and a race for dryad the system wont recognize either as fey nor will it recognize that both creatures are fey and should be treated as such within the race system. I've brought this up a couple of times over the last 3 years or so and it has not been solved as far as I know. To solve it they would just need to add a new column and redo the checks to use that, to map to a "parent" race value.

This means if you intend to do certain modding then you need to remove the feats and item properties entirely and script a new system to replace it which is kind of hacky and would work best with nwnx.

If you just want to do something simple like create creatures with the correct interaction in a module then you can safely ignore these details and use the race of the monster to set the correct FE interactions.
  • DJ_WoWDJ_WoW Member Posts: 48
    Gooday all,

I wanted to thank you for your time and valuable input. It is greatly appreciated.

DJ-WoW