Skip to content

Question about random encounters..

Sorry if this has been asked before but here goes -

I've been playing for awhile now and I've noticed that random encounters almost always consist of one monster. I thought it might have been a low level thing but it continues. It's not a deal breaker but encountering one Xvart/Kobold at a time seems kind of pointless. The scripted encounters seem normal.. although, the Gnoll Stronghold had a TON less Gnolls than it used to.

Is this a bug or just the way this version of BG works?

Comments

• zarffynzarffyn Member Posts: 175
    @Tanthalas mentioned in another thread that some of the encounters are now scaled to match levels.
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    The encounters do scale with your party level, but BGEE doesn't have the exact same behaviour that vBG1 did.

One thing though, if you played a modded BG1 (using BGT at least) they have a lot more enemies spawning than the original game did.
  • zarffynzarffyn Member Posts: 175
    Tanthalas said:

One thing though, if you played a modded BG1 (using BGT at least) they have a lot more enemies spawning than the original game did.

That would explain all of my survival issues. ;)

• KankKank Member Posts: 38
    It's a bit funny. I'm running around 2/3 (Fighter/Cleric) and fighting one Xvart at a time. The second I left CK at level 1 I fought a Dread Wolf. ;D