Skip to content

Question on seperating NPC pairs in modded BG-EE

LuneverLunever Member Posts: 307
edited May 2021 in General Modding
After quite some time I resinstalled BG-EE and discovered that all the mods that I was missing sorely at first in EE (like Sword Coast Stratagems) by now have been ported to EE and gathered into the mod manager. Adding one mod after another along with EE-Trilogy broke my installation (probably some conflict with the Trilogy initial setup and the Trilogy end setup within the mod manager), so I installed all the mods I wanted in one take instead (after completely making a clean reinstall) and used the conflict wizard to get along with the setup. That largely worked so far. After quite some hours of playing I wouldn't want to risk changing that installation and possibly breaking it again and/or ruin my savegames.

Unfortunatly probably due to some mod intercompatibility issue the mod that makes NPCs always offer to meet you at the friendly arm does not work, nor does the mod that allows to separate pairs of NPCs without the other leaving. Unfortunately the mod that removes permanent character death does work, so I can't even turn Khalid into stone to get rid of him (and later of Dynaheir), and I would like rather to dismiss him than to plainly have him killed. I definitely want Jaheira and Minsc and not Khalid and Dynaheir.

Now the question is, is there a way like for example by using EE-Keeper that allows me to split those pairs individually or reasign pairs?
Post edited by Lunever on

Comments

• jmerryjmerry Member Posts: 3,829
    Not in EEKeeper. You would need to edit those character's dialogue files to separate them properly.

There are workarounds that allow you to dump one character while keeping the other - find a room you won't need to come back to, send the one you want to leave into it alone, and remove them from the party. If they never get the chance to talk to you after leaving, they won't take the other character with them.
  • LuneverLunever Member Posts: 307
    @jmerry Now that was easy, thanks for the hint,