Skip to content

Baldurs gate 2 ee - Cogline Stalker

My first journalised play.
I am not a native english speaker and my appologys for spelling errors, hope it is readable.
Rolled up a character that resembles me as much as possible, thanks to the members helping me with that.

It is a human stalker named Cogline, neutral good.
Stats after tomes;
STR: 16
DEX: 16
CON: 16
INT: 15
WIS: 20
CHR: 15

Aspired to become a wizard like his foster father but Gorion's premature death put an end to that.
To resemble the Gorion's ward aspect I gave him the arcane spells level 1 to 3 from the avanger kit and find familiar from the best master.
Further magical study did not happen once he was tossed in to the real world outside of Candlekeep.

I decided to start at bg2, pretending I did bg1+sod, so 500 000 xp at start.

We start at the Den of the Seven Vales where Cogline is resting from a hard day writing his journal of the events of the day.

Unbearable losses
I and all my friends had been taken captives. How long we had been prosoners I have no idea about.
Pain and my own screams is all I remeber, the rest is a blurry fog. I had been scared, tortured and weakened.

My dearest and oldest friend Imoen somehow managed to escape in a powervacuum created by thiefs assulting the lair of our captor. She freed me.
Our friends Jaheira and Minsc was held in cages close to mine. Jaheira could be freed with a key lying on a, table in a adjacent room, Minsc freed himself when his rage to kill me for being unable to free him took controll over him. Lucky for me that huge man was able to controll himself and his rage once he broke the bars.

The four of us made it to the "key"-room, Minsc hearthbroken over the death of our companion Dynaheir, a death he had to watch.
I fear the loss of the one he was to protect might cause the big man to go on a rage filled murderous spree, I will do what I can to help him grieve.

We found some gear, some weapons and a few potions of healing.
Minsc diving head in for a great sword and a mail, Jaheira took some armor and a staff, Imoen short sword and buckler, shaking with fear or from her resent torture.
I grabed some leather armor and a katana before I headed out scouting.

We scouted and fought our way through imps, goblins golems, some fearsome duergar and a tough cambion as we searched, what three captive dryads said was the first level of "Irenicus" dungeon.
The dryads gave us helpful information in exchange for our promise to help them return to the Windspear hills, wherever that might be.
We came across a captured ginie who we helped escape.
What useful gear we found we kept, along with what little coin and valuables we could find.

We made it to the second level where we stumbled upon a bounty hunter named Yoshimo, I decided to trust what he said and let him tag along.
We fought more imps, if it was not for Imoens timely casted monster summoning I don't think we would have made it out alive.

Sorrow struck us once more, Khalid, Jaheiras husband and our companion laid dead on a bench, his body desecrated beyond the horrors of imagination. I saw how my guardian Jaheira broke down, I will never forget her pain, her screams of terror and hearth broken loss.

We fought a clone, more imps, more goblins and duergar. We had to fight the assulting thiefs and a vampire, unlucky for her Minsc in a rage filled assult made short work of her existence.
We even came across a godforsaken doppelganger, it had the form of a fat bald man and changed to a small child before our eyes. Arrows, bolts, spear and swords hacked and slashed it until we finally defeted it.

After what seamed like days but most likely was just some hours we stumbled out from that horror filled dungeon and strait in to the psycho maniac of our captor butchering the last remains of the thiefs failed assult.

Imoen tried to fight him with her magic and a bunch of wizards teleported in. Irenicus killed them with ease before he surrendered. Sadly they imprisoned Imoen along with Irenicus, her two magic missiles made her break the law in this strange land.

We found out what we could from the locals, sold what gear and valuables we had and bought some things that might come in handy.
A merchant named Galoomp sold me a scroll of find familiar, and some more coin made him instruct me on the basics.
Its been a long time since I practised the art.

We made our way to a local inn, rented a room to rest and plan what to do.
Unfortunately some adventures did not like the idea of other people renting a place to sleep and they attacked us. Jaheiras insect plague and Minsc raging while fighting a mage and his imp let me concentrate on the leader of the gang, a tough and strong dwarf.
The imp and mage fell quickly, Jaheira and Yoshimo slayed their rogue before they and Minsc faught their barbarian companion.
I was wounded badly by the dwarf until my companions came to my rescue.
Jaheira healed us, we salvages the fallen scums belongings, kept what we could use and sold the rest.

The innkeeper was happy to be rid of the scumbags and soon our room was clean from bodies and blood.

To focus my mind on something, in a attempt to not think of Dynaheir, Khalid and Imoen. Oh Imoen what new horrors do you have to face.
I started transcribing the scroll of find familiar, casting the spell and to my wonderment I succeeded. A pseudo dragon seemed to take form from the air itself.
I felt some pride, me a mere ranger conjured a familiar like a true mage.
I named him Candles in honor of my former home.
It is now late and I must truly rest, I think I could sleep for days.

Comments

• CasepassCasepass Member Posts: 19
    edited July 2021
    Well, that did not go as planned.
    First quest in chapter 2 I went to grab the Dragomir bag of holdings.
    Roleplay: well "Hexxat" did ask for help rather soon after entering Copper Coronet and the white knight decided to aid the damsel in distress, and maybe earn some coin.
    Under equipped and out of potions and healingspells when fighting Dragomir, he charmed Minsc who beat the shit out of my ranger.
    A well, must find another class to try it with.