Skip to content

Help in identifying the source of HLA abilities

hybridialhybridial Member Posts: 291
A bit of an odd issue, I have been experimenting somewhat with different mods on one installation of BG2, including making my own edits using Nearinfinity. And I realised something is present in the game and I don't know where it's come from, but they're in the override folder so must be from a mod.

Basically special "Scribe Scrolls" and "Alchemy" HLAs have been added for mages and priests. The name of the files involved are:

gbalchmg.spl
gbalchpr.spl
gbscrbmg.spl
gbscrbpr.spl

Be grateful if anybody can shed light on where this came from, I may have not uninstalled something properly that I removed, but I do like this addition.

Comments

• argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,433
    These files are most likely installed by the various "Alter Spell Progression Table" components of Tweaks Anthology.
  • hybridialhybridial Member Posts: 291
    argent77 wrote: »
    These files are most likely installed by the various "Alter Spell Progression Table" components of Tweaks Anthology.

Thanks, that makes sense, because I installed those and was making some comparisons (And I kinda wanted to try and create an equivalent for the Shaman class). But they weren't mentioned anywhere in the documentation that I could see, but I do like them, makes those extra HLA points have some point, however minor.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Search the file name in your main bg2 folder. The file will be found in the override folder, naturaly, but also in the mod's own folder too! That way you can see which mod is responsible.